You've got a new table - what now?
When you receive a new table from MAKE nordic, it is always oil-treated beforehand. But it is individual how much oil you want to give your table. Someone might want it mirror-bright, while others would like it completely natural and almost untreated. A new table may seem more susceptible to edges and stains when you use it for the first time than when you've been using it for a few months. . This is completely general for wooden tables, regardless of whether you bought it from us or elsewhere. If you want a more saturated surface, we recommend that you give your table oil shortly after receipt - and perhaps again after a few weeks. If you don't have a good oil, you can buy it from us or in a hardware store.
How to oil your table
In the video below, Benny shows how to oil-treat your new dining table. You can also follow the guide below the video.
HOW TO OIL YOUR TABLE
- The surface is sanded with a sanding sponge, a pot sponge or sandpaper grain 120-180. Remember to sand along the direction of the wood grain. Vacuum the plate free of sanding dust and run over the plate with a dry cloth before oiling.
- Shake the oil thoroughly.
- An appropriate amount of oil is distributed with a cloth in an even covering layer. Remember that the back of the table and legs must also have oil, and any additional plates as well.
- Wait approx. 10 minutes (at room temperature) while the oil penetrates the wood. If there are dry areas, give them a little extra oil.
- Afterwards, wipe off excess oil with a lint-free cloth. The surface must be completely free of excess oil.
- After 24 hours, the tabletop is dry for use. During this period, the table top must not be affected by water.
Have fun with your new table! Remember that you are always welcome to contact us if you have questions or need help. Send an email to email@example.com or call tel. +4529103800